So Much More Than A Resident Ride
Yes, providing transportation for your senior residents is a marketing plus. Many seniors and their family members highly value the availability of rides to medical appointments, shopping, entertainment and dining. However, that is not the only marketing advantage this vehicle offers.
A shuttle van that contains company information that is easily seen by the public is also a mobile billboard. It typically contains the company name and contact information. And it can do much more.
Put Your Transportation Program On Your Marketing Team
Here are recommendations for adding marketing power to your shuttle van that incorporate our concepts of strategic care.
- Graphics – You can include your USP. In addition, you can include a graphic that speaks directly to your target market(s), highlights a service or ammenity, and/or positions your passion for serving seniors.
- Driving Habits – Good driving can demonstrate attention to detail, following laws, professionalism and safety consciousness.
- Courtesy – When the public sees patience and kindness behind the wheel, they will assume you have the same attitude when caring for seniors. This is known as the halo effect.
- Residents – Seeing happy seniors enjoying a ride in your van and traveling about the community positions activity and mobility while it helps to differentiate you from the common assumption of being a nursing home.
- Interesting Destinations – Seeing senior residents exiting your van to dine at a nice restaurant or entering your van after enjoying a movie positions the active lifestyle provided by your facility.
- Strategic Parking – Where you park can take advantage of the marketing power of the van. Instead of hiding it in the back lot at your facility, park it so those passing on the street can see and read it. When parking in a commercial parking lot, place it where it is viewed best by the public, even if the driver has to walk a bit extra to retrieve the van.
Note: Some providers choose to have no company information on their shuttle van to maintain resident privacy.
Extra Resource For Marketing Toolbox Clients
For Senior Care Marketing Toolbox clients, this transportation Fundamental is expanded to include recommendations on how to make the van driver a more influential member of the marketing team. Just click below, then type in your login and password:
Let Our Services & Systems Increase Your Move-Ins & Clients
Not happy with a senior living or assisted living occupancy rate? Let us help. We have systems and services designed for the senior care industry.
Just give me a call (Steve Schmidt – President of Marketing With Care) at (888) 213-5026 and I will be happy to chat with you about senior care marketing and improving your move-ins.